| Emm made our papers to Voit! |
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
We started this new thing last year thanks to Mark's brilliant idea. We each selected a National Park (within reason) and did a little research about how long it would take to get there, what to see etc. We then presented them to the family and took a vote. The winning park would be our destination for a summer trip. The parks selected were...Yosemite, Olympic, Carlsbad Caverns, Mesa Verde and Great Smoky Mountains. Well.....based on the post title it's obvious that GSMNP won the vote [bonus that it was my park;]
The fact that it would be about 21 hours of driving each way and we'd get home with just a day before school started didn't deter us [okay maybe for a second or two it did]. We were all up for the adventure....and what an adventure it was! As I was going through my pics, I got lost in all the memories and had a hard time sorting out which ones to post. So....for now I will just post one of our arrival and get our photos more organized to share our journey at a later date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love, love, love this idea. I want to do this too! What a great way to get excited about vacation. Can't wait to read all about it.
ReplyDelete