Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tinsel through Time

The week before Thanksgiving we got a jump start on the Holiday Season.  One evening we walked on over to the Historic Governors Mansion for "Tinsel Through Time".  The house was all decked out with historic party wear and decorations.
 We toured the house and soaked in the festive environment.  I guess I was so caught up in the fun, I failed to take pictures of the decorations and old fashioned trees they had decorated in all the rooms. I did snap a picture of this vintage display they had of toys, games and decorations.
We loved it all, but the girls especially like the kitchen with all the baking supplies.  I think some of us were feeling right at home;)
We enjoyed Christmas carolers singing throughout all 4 floors along with punch and treats on the sun porch.
 The bowls of candy in the center of each table instantly took me back to days of visiting my grandparents and heading straight for a very similar candy dish.....it brought back some sweet sweet memories.
 It was a fun evening and a great way to kick off the holidays:)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun night, I wish we had more festivities like this.

    ReplyDelete