I love Christmas Eve.....really even more so than Christmas day. I love the anticipation and excitement that is still in the air. I love the energy that seems to surround every task no matter how trivial. I love the magic of the night as family gathers together. I just plain LOVE it all!! I also love that this year Bailee and I got to return to the Rescue Mission to serve dinner. I really can't think of a better way to spend part of our Christmas Eve. This time it was just the two of us along with my sister Jill's family. It was another unique experience that we will both treasure:)
We did a few other special things together and then picked up the rest of our clan to go see the Smith family at their get together. Sadly, we did not have the camera, so no pictures were taken. It was good to see Aunt Susan and Tori as well as Kevin and his kids. We also were pleasantly surprised to find Trevor there, who we have not seen for a few years. We had dinner [well we just nibbled a little] got our special handmade ornament from Sus [and Tanya this year] and listened to a story or two. After leaving that party, we headed back to my parents for the Fortie gathering. We ate more yummy food and then Grandma read us all a story. Not the traditional story of the Christ Child, but it was a good one too.
There is always lots of playing and visiting and LOTS of noise...It sure is different than when we stay home alone every other year, but I wouldn't want it any other way.
It is also tradition that we exchange gifts with Grandpa & Grandma [and cousins if we draw names]
| {anxiously awaiting their turn} |
You just never know what you might get with Grandma;) We just know it's going to be unique!! They boys got these really cool pillows that open up with a tray for laptops and snacks inside.
The girls [daughters] all got beautiful scarfs of all different colors
And the boys [son and son in laws] got these Christmas ties that play a song and Ear Bags [band-less ear warmers;] Ha
The girls ALWAYS enjoy spending time with their cousins
Bailee was especially excited to see this little girl.... who really took to her, which made her so happy!!
It was a fun fun night.....late night ....but magical
When everyone was on their way, it was time to get ready for Santa. We saw that he was in Africa already, so we had to hurry. We layed out our stockings and Santa key and Emmrey got right to work getting him and his Reindeer a plate ready.
Lets take a closer look at her cute little notes. I love how she is rationing out the carrots and 1 cookie;) Oh and in case you didn't know...S.C stands for Santa Claus [they're close like that]
The girls opened their gift from us......ta da.... PJ's and a book ...
Oh how surprised they were;)
Then we hurriedly tried to get those girls all nestled in bed
[mind you it was nearly midnight by now]
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!!
Looks like you had a busy, fun night. Love the reindeer food rationing..very cute!
ReplyDelete