My mom had a birthday this week. In honor of her special day I made a list of 10 things I Love About Her. So here it goes ....in no particular order :]
- I love that she put so much effort into making Holidays fun....some of my favorite memories are wrapped up in those times.
- I love that she always made our home a place I wanted to be. A place I felt safe and comfortable and loved. A place I didn't want to leave...even to go to school;)
- I love that she was/is always in my corner. Anytime she feels I [or any of us kids] have been done wrong, she defends us like the best of the mama bears.
- I love that she has always been such a good example of serving others. I know that I have learned so much about doing for others by watching her.
- I love that she gave so selflessly to all of us kids. She sacrificed a lot of her own needs to meet ours...we are so lucky.
- I love that she has a good sense of humor and can laugh at herself.
- I love that she can talk to a complete stranger and by the end of the conversation they have been added to her list of friends that will receive a birthday card.
- I love how she is not afraid to speak out about things she doesn't like and stand up for what she sees as injustice. Many a time I was privy to confrontations between my mom and a stranger out in public. Whether it was someone mistreating their child, or a customer berating a cashier, my mom always came to the defense of the helpless. It used to horrify my when I was younger, now I admire it and I find it hard to ignore those same behaviors.
- I love that she is such a sweet grandma to my girls and has developed a strong bond with them, despite that fact that we have lived 500 miles apart since they were born.
- I love that she loves me and she lets me know how proud she is of me. My confidence as a mother grows whenever she reminds me that I am doing a good job. Then I have to remind her that I learned from the best :)
I could go on and on....really. I consider myself very blessed to have this lady in my life and the fact that I get to call her MOM is just icing on the cake. I LOVE YOU MOM!!

I love this list idea, your Mom is amazing.
ReplyDelete