Today we spent Thanksgiving as a family....just our little family this year. Each year I grow to appreciate this holiday a little more. I love that it is simple and without all the hoopla that often makes holidays stressful!! I also love that it involves eating yummy food and just spending time with those you love. We usually rotate years of being at home and traveling to Utah for Thanksgiving. I love love love the years we get to be with our family there and we always have the best time. However, it is also nice to just be at home comfortable and casual and with lots of time to just relax:) I have been really trying to spend today thinking about all that I have been blessed with ...and boy....have I been blessed. During our meal we all shared what we were thankful for about each member of our family sitting at the table. It really got me thinking about how although we have our flaws and many days I get frustrated about those flaws, each person in our home has qualities that make my life better and I want to focus on that......
Thankful for my Boo and her sweet sensitive spirit.....thankful that she shows us how to love by her example and constant hugs and kisses....thankful that she has a true love for learning and her constant chatter of thoughts she shares with me.....thankful for her cheery nature and her enthusiasm for life:)
***
Thankful for my Eva Lu and her comic relief that she brings to our home with a laugh that is contagious .....thankful for her inquisitive mind and her desire to learn about new things.....thankful for her easy going nature and her ability to get over things really quickly......so thankful she is not a drama digger;)......thankful for those beautiful brown eyes of hers that melt my heart
***
Thankful for my Bay Bug and her genuine goodness....thankful for her desire to do good and choose the right....thankful for the example she is to the rest of us.....thankful that she is good to ask if I need help and then her willingness to do it...thankful for that huge bright smile of hers and that she shares it with others:)
***
Thankful for my Marko and his patience with me for 20+ years....thankful that he works hard both at his job AND at home.....thankful that he is so forgiving and treats me with kindness no matter how awful I am being.....thankful that he supports me in whatever I am doing....thankful for our walks and talks.....and thankful he shares this crazy life with me

No comments:
Post a Comment