Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hockey Girl

Karsyn decided last winter that she wanted to play on a Hockey team.  We weren't crazy about the idea of investing in all the pricey gear and throwing her out on the ice without a little intro to the game.  She has spent a fair amount of time on the ice and really took to skating pretty naturally, but actually playing the game is a little foreign.  After moving to Cheyenne we were thrilled to discover the Learn to Play program.  Two nights a week she suits up and essentially shoots a puck around with the Cheyenne Stampede players.  
 
With the exception of a couple of weeks where they did some drills, I feel like we are paying for "open skate" in uniform.  So naturally I voiced my concerns which resulted in lots of understanding...but no changes on the ice.  Apparently, part of playing hockey is being comfortable moving around the ice:)  I totally get that, but I was under the impression that a LTP Hockey program would entail a little more "learning to play hockey"...silly me;)  Oh well, she loves it all the same and if nothing else she is becoming a pro on skates. 
 
 I guess we need to sign her up for a league and she'll learn the ins and outs of the game as she goes.  She looks like serious business anyway....one of only a handful of girls out there.
 We enjoy sitting under the heater and watching her do her thing:)
Our Karsy sure is one tough Hockey Girl....and she's so cute too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment