Wednesday, November 20, 2013

a sad day

Emmrey came home from school on Monday feeling down.  She was sad to have learned from her teacher that Barbara Park had passed away.  I must admit it shook me up a bit too.  Barbara Parks books have been a big part of our lives.  I read the Junie B. Jones series with both Bailee and Karsyn and this summer Emmrey got really into them too.  We pick them up at the Library, listen to them on Road Trips, receive them as a surprise from Gram pa & Gram ma, and Emm can't wait to find all the ones Bay has in a box somewhere:/  Although we read them together, they are among some of the first chapter books that Emm can read all by herself.  She has also been listening to her teacher read them in first grade.  This is how we find Emmrey in her spare time during the last few months....


The moments of sharing a love for reading with my girls is a part of their childhood that I will always treasure.  I hope they do as well.  So while it is so sad that the voice of Junie B. is no longer physically here, the legacy will live on through little ones as they enjoy reading these delightful stories.
Yes...we are definitely fans of Junie B [the B stands for Beatrice.Except I don't like Beatrice.  I just like B and that's all;]

1 comment:

  1. Oh we love her too. I love that picture of Emm in the doorway reading. A sad day for all our little readers :(

    ReplyDelete