Sunday, February 17, 2013

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE

I love Valentines...I had all these grand ideas for how we were going to celebrate this year.  Then I was asked to plan New Beginnings for our YW group, which was the night before, and Mark ended up being in Lander.  So.....I am learning to accept that things can't always be perfect and just do my best:} We put out our little mailboxes the first of February and all month we have been leaving LOVE notes for each other.
 I let the girls pick which Valentine they wanted to put together for their classmates, but I had one condition.....NO CANDY/TREAT!!  
Karsyn chose the Bouncy Ball idea and Emmrey the Glow Stick.  Both turned out really cute {and after seeing their bags/boxes I was so glad we stuck to our plan:}
Every year it seems that the Valentines kids exchange at school get bigger and bigger...by bigger I mean include more and more candy.  When the girls came home and dumped their bags/boxes...It was a little bit reminiscent of Halloween:}  
What happened to good old fashioned Valentine cards??
 The Kindergarteners decorated simple bags in class.  The 5th grade had a box contest.  The requirement was that it be Valentine colors.  Kars made this cute little monster and won 2nd place:}
 We had swimming and a parent meeting at the Middle School that night, so the girls and I just went for pizza for our Valentines.  We saved our traditional V-Day dinner for Friday when Mark was home.
I wanted to keep the gifts simple...and lasting.  I made each of the girls a photo book with pictures of them from 2012. 
 Initially I thought they might be disappointed that they didn't receive the "goody bag" they typically get, but when I saw this during dinner, I knew I had done good!!  {Besides ...Grampa Wayne & Gramma Cheryl always make them happy with their special package}
 Later we doorbell ditched a cookie delivery for the girls {and Mark}.  They know the cookies are from us {because they see me making a huge mess when I do my baking} but it's still a fun sursprise.. .. ..and yummy too.
 Happy HEART DAY to everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Valentines..looks like Cody knows how to do it a little better than Dayton. No cool Valentines for my kids, can you believe they didn't even get any coversation hearts? A couple of suckers, that was it. Weird. I'm glad to see were not the only ones who still celebrate.

    ReplyDelete