We spent last Saturday out at NWC for the Showalter Music Festival. This year Bay was in a Trio as well as an Ensemble group. They did so well on both numbers and received a 1 from the adjudicator, which is about the best you can get {it's backwards}. For the trio they sang Kyrie Eleison, which is a Latin song. I loved this because with just 3 members, you can hear each of the 3 parts. {Bailee sang soprano}.
| {Elisha, Bailee, Dani} |
Then the ensemble group sang "For Good" from Wicked. I was already fighting the sting of tears from listening to my little girl sing so beautifully, and then this song caused those tears to run. I am an emotional gal anyway...but with the changes coming, I find myself on the verge of tears with many things these days. As I watched these sweet girls, who have sang together for the past 3 years, I could not help but be touched by the words that seemed so perfect:}
| {Mary, Bailee, Sara, Dani, Elisha, Sarina, Madeline} |
I will miss these wonderful opportunities that my girls have got to experience and pray that there are many more like it to come:}
"For Good"
from Wicked
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
That song gave me chills...what a beautiful voice. I love her tapping foot.
ReplyDelete