Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Books

One of our traditions is to read lots Christmas stories during the month of December.  We read one every night before bed... ...occasionally we miss.  I have tried various ways of doing this.  I have a binder full of stories I have collected over the years, that we often read from.  Last year we did a book countdown...unwrapping a book from the basket every night.  This year I just filled the basket with our Christmas books and did a different countdown.. .The Twelve Stories of Christmas. 
 
Each night, beginning on the 12th {we do something else for Christmas Eve}we read a story and opened the corresponding "treat" from the basket. {This one is packaged to be sent to my uncle Neil}
The girls loved this...although if we do it again I would switch out some of the stories and maybe change some of the "treats" for something besides candy/goodies {by the end we were all sugared out}. 
 
Of course our favorite book to read {listen to} is the one Grampa & Gramma sent last year.  The girls love to hear Grampa Wayne tell the story of The Night Before Christmas just for them:}

1 comment:

  1. I love reading Christmas books every night too. We unwraped ours again this year..maybe you should send me your ideas you did, this sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete