Friday, December 21, 2012

Gift Giving

We got the last of our gifts delivered this week.  Good thing, because we are down to the wire:}  We decided on books as gifts for the girls "closest" friends this year.  We got all of the same books {for each set of friends} and our plan is to have a little book club party of sorts in a few months so the kids can get together and discuss the books they {hopefully}read.  Bailee got her friends The Book Thief.  I have heard such good things about this book and am anxious to read it myself.  Bailee also made them each a beaded bookmark....they all like to read, so I think this is a gift they will really appreciate.
Karsyn's group got The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo.  I read pieces of it as a class read aloud when I was subbing.  We LOVE her books and have read most of them, but not this one yet.  Emmrey decided on The Gingerbread Kid Goes to School.  It's for emerging readers, so it should be just right for these little ones.  They also both got their friends a blanket to snuggle up with.
For teachers we did a few different things.  For the Middle School teachers we made Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrubs{females}, Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix {males}.  
For Emmrey's teacher and helper, we did the Sugar Scrub with Aloe Socks and a Starbucks gift card.
And since we didn't think Karsyn's teacher would appreciate the foot scrub {well who knows:}, we made a Santa jar filled with M&M's and a gift card to Starbucks.  She also wrote him a personal card about what she likes about being in his class{really the best gift you can give a teacher}
And for our neighbors/friends, we did frozen cookie dough.  You know how many goodies you get this time of year?  Unless you get yours delivered really early it just seems like another plate you need to nibble at,  no matter how yummy it is.  So they can put this in the freezer and pull it out to bake when they are ready!!

I am glad we got these all taken care of....and not a minute too soon. 
 I hope they all enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh I love the book/blanket idea! Looks like you all really got into the giving spirit!

    ReplyDelete