Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{off to a good start}

Just a few days into December, and we have already been busy.  It's a good kind of busy though.  I am really enjoying the holiday season so far.  I feel like a have a pretty good handle on the shopping, although if I don't finish up in a few more days panic will set in!!  Decorations are up... cards are on their way.. ...and we kicked off the season with the annual BBHC Holiday Open House.  Both Bay and Kars sang on Saturday with their choir groups.  It was a crazy day.  In addition to performing, Bailee had swim Conference in Worland {90 miles from Cody}.  She was not scheduled to sing until 4:30, however, Karsyn's group was scheduled at 11:30....of course. So Mark and I split up.. ...we've only had to do that a time or two.  Mark took Bailee and Emmrey to the swim meet and I stayed with Kars so she could get to her performance.  Her choir did a great job and she had so much fun!!  I failed to check my camera batteries, so unfortunately I only got this one photo with demon eyes:}
Since we had the afternoon free until the rest of the crew got home and returned to the museum for Bay's concert, I decided we should definitely make a day of it.  How often does it work out like that??  Kars and I went to Adriano's for a special lunch and she ordered....a cheeseburger!!!  Funny thing is that she tried my pasta dish and liked it so much she ended up eating half:}  We had such a nice afternoon together.  We also went and picked out Christmas presents for her to give to her sissies.
It was all very nice and relaxing, until I get a text from Mark that the meet started an hour late and that the original plan to be over by 2:00 and back in Cody by 3:30 was not going to happen.  In fact, Bailee was swimming the last heat of the final event.. ...ugh!!  So they would make it back to Cody right around 4:30.. .. ..the time she was to be on stage at the Open House....yikes.   So Kars and I grabbed her choir wardrobe, headed to the museum, and waited at the front door for them to pull up so I could help Bailee change.. ...it was AGONY.  On the way there I had sent her friend/choir member a text to tell her that Bailee was coming but it would be close.  Much to my relief, she informed me that they were running about 10 minutes behind.  It could not have been any closer, but she made it just in time to throw her "sparklies" right over her swimsuit and line up to go on stage. 
 Whew.. ..it was quite a day!!  Before we left we had to get a picture of the girls in front of the huge tree in the lobby.
 And then a family shot too. .. ..with a lurker:}
We also spent an evening making our Hugs and Kisses {AKA Belly Buttons}to give away.
 Oh how we love these.. simple.. ..pretty much fool proof.. ..tasty.. ..and just look how festive!!
We put together our treat bags and other supplies for a service project so Mark could deliver them to Utah while attending a meeting.
 For our Christmas Service Project this year, my family is donating supplies to fill backpacks for homeless teens in Salt Lake.
So yes....it was a busy weekend.  But things are off to a good start:}

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are way ahead of the game. Love hearing kids singing Christmas carols. Looks like a very productive, fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete