Emmrey loves the anticipation of an event. Not just events that benefit her directly either. She is just as excited for her sisters/parents birthdays as she is for her own. Right now, however, it is her birthday that is on her mind. After weeks of asking "how many days after the first day of school is my birthday?", I decided a good old chain countdown was in order. We whipped that baby out in no time with 21 links. Everyday she rips one link off the chain and informs us how many more days until the big event. ...you know in case we need to do a little birthday shopping:}
Which by the way she has covered as well. One afternoon she was spending a lot of time in her room {by choice:}. It was awfully quiet in there, however, she kept asking me questions about what letters make certain sounds and vice versa. When I asked her what she was doing she said "just writing some words". When she emerged she delivered this sheet to me. One side has what she wants to do for her birthday....
- Craft party
- Birthday cake
- Chocolate pop tarts
- Taco Johns or Jimmy Johns {she'll take either one}
- Go to Wyogurt
The other is her "Birthday List" and has the 16 items she would like:}
![]() |
| {fish, fish food, fish tank, lalaloopsy, cabbage patch doll, craft stuff, roller-blades with 4 wheels, baby carrier, little pet shops, board game, play-dough maker, kindergarten book, "lolly pockets", journal, friend LEGOS, any baby stuff} |
Don't worry she made separate lists for both her sissies as well!!
![]() |
| {chap-stick, purse, ring, dress up, pies, puzzle, board game, ???} |
![]() |
| {fish, 3 "mermans" for her mermaids, kitchen stuff, play shoes, any baby stuff, church bag, tennis shoes, stuffed animal that records your sound} |
Oh how I love the excitement that life brings with little ones:}




Wow, that is quite the list! I thought I had it hard with my kids not asking for anything..you must have it harder. I love that she made list for her sisters too. Can't wait to hear all about it, I'm sure you'll make it so fun!
ReplyDelete