Thursday, August 23, 2012

Missing Mark

Mark is in Minnesota for a work meeting.  He has been gone since Saturday.  During the summer we get pretty used to being apart.. .. ..especially during August it seems.  We have both come to accept this as part of his job, and try to remember the winter months when he has quite a bit of flexibility with his schedule.  When the girls were smaller, this time apart brought it's challenges.  Now that they are a little bigger, it brings a different set of challenges.  The girls and I have developed some traditions and try to make the most of our "girl time" together.  Although we are all fairly used to this arrangement, it doesn't mean we necessarily like it, and there is sadness every time he leaves.  This trip has seemed especially looong and we are all really missing Mark.  Bailee likes to call or text him to ask him questions, Karsyn is often checking her email to see if he has sent her a message, Emmrey asks everyday "how many more days" until he's home, and I just need my teammate back. Life is just not the same without my Marko:}


1 comment:

  1. Must be nice for Mark to know he is missed so much. I can relate (a little) mostly mine is gone for all the holiday's working. That is when I really wish we lived close to family.

    ReplyDelete