Saturday, August 18, 2012

8th grader with Benefits

It's hard to believe that our little Bailee is already entering 8th grade.  She was asked to be a WEB{Where Everyone Belongs} Leader for incoming 6th graders.  The students are selected by faculty who feel that they demonstrate leadership qualities and are good role models at school and in the community.  This kept Bailee busy for three days last week, with training and then the 6th grade orientation day.  She and her partner were in charge of 9 kids....taking them on a tour of the school, playing team building games, goal setting for success in school, and of course assisting with lockers:}    She took it upon herself to make these Survival Kits for her group of kids.  She felt very proud that she bought all the supplies herself and put them together:}
 She will also meet those kids on Tuesday morning and throughout the year to make sure that they are getting settled and help them with any challenges.  It is a great mentor program that helps kids as they transition into Middle School {which can be a pretty scary experience}.  I am so proud that she got to be a part of this program.  I hope that this year opens many new opportunities for our little bug.  I already see her blossoming:}
The best part about this year.. ... ..so far.. ...is that every student in Middle School {and High School} was issued an iPad.  Can you believe it.  Our kids here are so incredibly lucky that our schools have a 1 to 1 technology program. They have had laptops until this year ...now iPads.  Serious benefit to being a Middle Schooler!!

1 comment:

  1. What! An I-pad! I want to enroll in that school! Love the survival kits, how creative!

    ReplyDelete