This Thanksgiving we are giving thanks for time at home with our little family and Mark's healing body. We spent the day relaxing and enjoying just being together. We (the Mr. and myself) decided that the traditional meal was a whole lot of work for just our little clan. Besides our girls usually only eat the rolls and pie anyway:) So although the thought of homemade rolls, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes sounds so enticing this time of year, we broke with tradition and had.......PIZZA instead.......I am pretty sure I hear some gasps right now!! The girls actually thought it was pretty great and hopefully this will be a memory they will cherish and not resent years down the road. We did have pumpkin and apple pie for dessert. It was an all around PIE FEAST!!

In spite of my complaints at times, I feel so blessed to have the life that I do. I have a husband who loves me and makes me laugh, and three beautiful little girlies who are each so unique and bring something different and wonderful to our family. And although sometimes they make me crazy, I truly cherish these days with them. I am also thankful for our extended family whom we miss tremendously, especially at these times of year.

We did not abandon Tom Turkey entirely, Karsyn brought this little guy to our home so we could count our blessings!!!
I think Turkey is overrated, Pizza sounds like my kind of meal. Glad you all had a nice holiday.
ReplyDelete