She had to give a speech in front of the school on Tuesday. Again, we gave her some suggestions, but she decided right away what she wanted to say. She knew she wanted to tell some jokes in her speech....so funny! The kids thought that was great. After all the speeches, the kids went to voting booths to cast their ballot. All my cute little 3rd graders were telling me they were going to vote for her and at the end of the day, the announcement was made......."your new Student Council Treasurer for 2011-2012 .......Karsyn Smith"
(Here is the speech written by Kars..spelling and all:)
Hi, my name is Karsyn Smith. I would like to be Treasuarer for Student Council. I am responcible, trustworthy, honest and good at counting and I am good at math. All of these things are important qualities when choosing for treasuarer. I am fairly organized also. I always try to do my best to be a kid of character and treat others the way I would want to be treated. I will do my best to make sure Student Council fundraisers money is spent wisely. I will also give my best effort to raise money so student council can help those in the world who need it the most. Here are some jokes for you…. There is a new book out called “How to live happy without money” , it cost ten dollars. Where do penguins keep their money? …In snow banks!!
All kidding aside, I think Sunset students are the very best and I would love to represent you as Treasurer. Remember-YOU CAN COUNT ON KARSYN TO COUNT FOR YOU!! Vote Karsyn Smith for Treasurer!!!
We are so proud of our "money manager"(YIKES)....we know she will represent well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment