Friday, August 28, 2020

First Days of the craziest year!

Our district was scheduled to start school on August 17th. Late July we were informed we would be  starting out the year in Phase 4 (in person full time), within a week things changed and we learned we would begin the year in remote learning (100%). As a result, they pushed back the start day a week so teachers and parents could have time to make plans.  Material pick up days were scheduled.

I got to meet my 4th graders in person so they could pick up laptops and other supplies.
Emmrey started 8th grade on August 24th ... behind her computer.... but still looking adorable. 
Can't believe it's her last year of Middle School.
After Distribution Day, we had our official first day of 4th grade on August 25th. I had decided I would teach from school (at least for the first week) to make sure all the tech stuff was under control. About 30 minutes into the day, we lost power at the school and we all scrambled for Plan B. We later learned that it was the result of a squirrel that had eaten through a cord outside. It was a quick drive home where I rejoined the kids ... a sure sign it will be a year of flexibility. 
Bailee also started the 24th with all classes online. She is smiling, but so bummed about this!
Kars started her first day of her first year of college getting a COVID test and being in quarantine. She was one of the dorms that had waste water test positive for traces of COVID and so until test came back negative, they were all restricted to their rooms. POOR KID!
I am trying to adopt this mantra, but YIKES it's a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment