The company that Emmrey has danced with for the past few years closed their Wellington location last summer. We knew that it was time to move on regardless of the closure, but I had mixed feelings about where to take her. I debated enrolling her in Fort Collins, which has more opportunities and certainly a greater chance of a bigger class than what she had. High Country Conservatory of Dance is based in Fort Collins, but they opened a Wellington location about a year ago. We ultimately decided to give it a try. Emmrey has been interested in Lyrical dance and they offered a class for her age group. I also really try to keep things local whenever possible. Because it takes me forever to make a decision and life gets busy ... we didn't get her enrolled until mid year. It was fine because they were working on new routines for spring anyway, but she had less time to become familiar with a totally new kind of dance. Things are just starting to pick up in this town, and so while the younger classes are full and the older ones are pretty sparse. Likely because many of those kids have already started up with studios in Fort Collins years ago due to nothing being available here. She dances with just one other girl at this point. There's good and bad to that I suppose. She loves it and has done really well. The spring recital was held May 17th at the Rialto, an old theater in downtown Loveland. Not exactly convenient and a little frustrating because we didn't realize they can actually sell out!
Bailee came home the next day, but she had Kars there to cheer her on.
They danced to Hurt Somebody and I thought they were one of the best .... not just because I am partial either.
Emm and her "duet" partner Olivia
It was a fun ... long evening of dance. I loved watching her on stage.





No comments:
Post a Comment