Friday, July 27, 2018

Thunderbirds

 The US Air Force puts on an air show during Frontier Days. This year marked their 63rd year. Unfortunately, everyone else was busy traveling, working or sleeping;) ....
but it was fun to have a little date with Emmrey.
 The show was at LCCC and they provided a shuttle so you didn't have to deal with traffic and parking. I was so glad we chose that route because it was crazy with people.
The show was supposed to start at 9:30, but ended up being delayed until 11 for a weather watch. It was really cloudy that morning and they had to make sure it was safe. Since we had shuttled over, we couldn't really leave, so we just hung out for an hour and a half. Once the clouds cleared and the sun peaked out the show was on!
The sun felt great, but it made it hard to see the jets when they were right above you.

Because you could hear them before you could see them, it made it tricky to get any great pictures. Plus ... those Thunderbirds are so fast. I wish that I would have been prepared for the initial test run because that one flew the lowest right over our heads.
We loved the show and Emm couldn't stop talking about it. It was pretty cool! We grabbed some lunch and then headed for home. About half way home the sky darkened and it just started pouring buckets. I'm talking serious business where you couldn't see in front of you. The picture looks like nothing, but I promise it was not safe! We pulled off the interstate along with tons of other cars and waited until it let up.... crazy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment