There are so many things I dislike about the girls growing up. One of the perks that makes it not completely awful is that we can sneak away once in a while and they are independent enough to manage without us. Mark and I did just that for a quick backpacking trip.
We explored Twin Lakes in the Snowy Range
It was definitely a more mild hike than Mark would have chosen.
My body wasn't up for anything too strenuous.
We set up camp on a ridge above the lake. It was so relaxing .... chatting while we ate our tasty backpacking meals.
Mark did some fishing
I did some reading while trying to avoid insanity from the mosquitos. I had zero shame in wearing this screen and was glad we had it ... the wet year made them almost unbearable!!
but ... it also made the wildflowers pretty incredible
The evening was calm and quiet with only two other campers in the area
I woke in the middle of the night to lightening and by morning it was a constant drizzle. We stayed in the tent hoping it would clear.
It did for a short stint. Barely long enough for Mark to go down to the lake for a few casts
| view from the lake when the storm rolled in |
When we finally accepted that it wasn't going to improve, we decided to head out earlier than planned.
It was short but sweet. Love spending time with my best friend!


No comments:
Post a Comment