Sunday, June 2, 2019

This and That {Mar-May}

Some odds and ends from the past three months .....

Mark and I had a late afternoon date to CSU for a graduate student Thesis Defense. 
I loved it. It took me back to the grad school days.
Since it was a date ... we grabbed a bite at Music City Hot Chicken. I didn't like it as much as Mark, but the sweet potato fries were pretty tasty.
Mark was harassed while napping.
Emm enjoyed some Stewy time by the fire .... yes, it was cold enough to have a fire in March:(
We had another fun date at the Fly Fishing Film Tour in Cheyenne. 
Mark actually won some goodies this time!
We had a SNOW DAY in March! Not very much accumulation, but blowing snow makes for unkind road conditions. So we enjoyed a cozy day with Chili, Cookies and Hot Chocolate.
Bay had a Snow Day too ... she opted to go out and play in it:) 
She and Makell also made Pancakes for their residents.

We had a lunch date at Pei Wei with Leslie while we were in Utah. It was so good!!
 I'm craving just looking at it. 
Emmrey made it to Fiiz ... all for the You Tube channel of course;)
We also had a dinner date with the Weavers at Chick-Fil-A
This had been an issue that needed addressed in Downey Hall .. for REAL! 
Bay the RA was the gal to do it;)
Gramma sent us St. Patty's goodies.
Sometimes we randomly find Kars in this position
I took the girls over to see Bailee for an afternoon

Things got crazy around here for April Fool's. 
... and a little gross [Emm]
We killed some time at the new Scheel's while waiting for Kars to get back from a LAX tournament in Grand Junction.
We rode the Ferris Wheel and it turned out to be a really fun afternoon!
Emmrey had some fun at Walmart
... and then a little less fun getting her final dose of HPV vaccination
I took a Spanish class for Professional Development ....me gusto mucho!
We got prepped for more rock in the backyard.  Working hard ....
.. and playing just as hard!
The girls helped with a 5K run/walk fundraiser for Girls Camp. It was "out in the country." 
Mark and I walked it.
I was on the committee for the Spring Formal for our stake kids. I wasn't really feeling it during the planning phase, but it turned out to be an opportunity for growth for me. It's scary to voice an opinion that is unpopular and uncomfortable [bias on modesty for girls]. 
In the end, I think it was a good thing for everyone.

These kids showed up just wanting a safe place to have a good time. And we were able to welcome them in without stipulations on what they were/weren't wearing. If even one adult changed their view to focus on their hearts on not hemlines/sleeves, that makes me happy. 
Chaperoning the night of the event was really fun! I wish Kars had been able to be there. 
Mark and I spent a Saturday going to pick up our Cowgirl as she finished up her Sophomore year.
She immediately started cleaning the floors with these groovy slipper/sweepers Gramma sent her;)
Her room looked like this for several days .... cringe!
Emm was over the moon that both her sisters could be at her final Orchestra concert for the year. 
It was fun to hear how these little beginners have improved with their skills. 
It was held at Poudre [we are outgrowing our schools here] so that was fun for Bay too.
School wrap up included end of the year award ceremony for Emmrey
The last day of May we attended the Open House of the new Boys & Girls club. The new club is a portion of the Wellington Community Church building which will still be housed in one part while they expand in a different location. The B&G club purchased a big part of the church with the help of a local contractor who completely renovated and updated. It will be a great improvement to where they were. It was fun for Bay to see some of her old friends and Kars [and once in a while, Emm] will get to enjoy a newer and bigger facility this summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment