Monday, March 12, 2018

Castle Quest Fun Run

Emmrey's school held a Fun Run last Friday. PTO partnered with Boosterthon for this fitness, character building, and fundraiser all in one! It also happened to be Take Your Parent to Breakfast day so Mark joined Emm to get fueled up before heading to work. 
The 9 day event was filled with Castle Quest themed pep-rallies, daily challenges and motivation from the Boosterthon team members. The culminating event was the Fun Run!
Our school has nearly 600 kids this year so they split the run into K-2 and 3-5
It was a pretty nice day, but unfortunately windy as heck!! 
I was subbing that day so I had to keep eyes on my 4th graders, 
but I did steal some shots of Emm.
They did a great job organizing everything and creating a really festive atmosphere. I only wish they would have spread out the track a little more. It was too congested for me.
The kids had a blast and they didn't seem to mind the wind. I on the other hand, felt wiped out  when we returned to class.
little wind burn on the cheeks
Emm managed to complete her goal of 35 laps... whoo hoo!! There are a few things I would do differently if we did it again (although I won't be;), but all in all the fundraiser was very successful and even with what they took off the top, the school made out well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment