I knew there was something to turning your age on the date you were born, but I didn't know it was your Golden Birthday until Kars told me. Aside from Mark and I , Emmrey is the first in our family to have her "Golden" ... turning 11 on the 11th. It was a school day ... even a Monday! Luckily her breakfast in bead choice was simple. Months ago she tried a sample of Naked Green Machine at Costco and she decided right then that is what she wanted for her birthday breakfast.
It is really a meal in itself, but she added bread with Nutella.
That little smoothie turned out to be harder to get than I expected! I tried a couple of big grocery stores with no luck and ended up finding it at our corner gas station:/
She was thrilled ... and now wants one all the time.
She was so excited to wear this adorable jumpsuit Gpa Wayne & Gma Cheryl sent her
along with another cute outfit:)
We sent her off to school with some Snickerdoodles from Eileen's Cookies {can't take homemade stuff here} and a little note for her lunch. I was working that day at her school so I got to see her throughout the day and cheer when they said her name on the morning announcements.
It was her first day of after school Choir and Dance in the evening and she wanted to go to both ... which was fine but only left us a small window to celebrate.
Kars helped me jazz things up for our Golden theme (so clever with the #11)
We wrapped up dinner and had just enough time to let her open gifts.
Bailee had sent her a surprise all the way from Laramie!
She's all ready to cheer on the POKES!
Kars gave her a PopSocket with a super cute sea turtle on it.
Mark and I gave her some new shoes and surprised her with those{crazy priced} American Girl Bitty Twins she has been saving for. She was so happy! And will now be using her savings toward 5th grade Eco week;)
We kissed her and sent her on her way to dance.
When she returned we had Banana Splits with Malted Moo Shake ice cream ...
It's almost always golden with this little ray of sunshine around. She truly lights up our life with the joy she brings to our family and the happiness she exudes!
Love you the most Boo!

No comments:
Post a Comment