The girls started school on three different days which made it difficult to commemorate an official "First Day of School". With Bailee leaving home for college this year, I felt a little out of sorts and a whole lot of rattled. It's a new chapter for us all!
Kars was supposed to start on the 21st (my eclipse birthday), but she chose to miss the first day and spend it with us. She will be a 10th grader and now has a year of high school experience under her belt.
| this is her showing me she is excited;) |
She really didn't want to ride the bus over the first day and I was happy to give her a ride.
Emm started the 23rd. She LOVES school and is always excited to go back several weeks before it starts (which makes it so much less painful as a parent). She is pretty pumped about being in 5th grade and that she has the new teacher Miss Neal.
She wanted to ride the bus the first day because "sometimes it's just easier to get in the routine of it if you do it the first day" (wise one)
Bay had another week until she started so she and I had some time together which was really awesome!
I didn't get a Back to School dinner planned with theme and decorations but we did get out the lunch trays and had our "school lunch" dinner.
Nothing fancy ... but it's the tradition that's important. I also made the washer charms with a word for the year. I was thinking about skipping this, but both Emmrey and Bailee asked me about them. The word we chose for the year is GROW .... there will definitely be a lot of that this year:)


No comments:
Post a Comment