We experienced a first for our family. A vacation/getaway with the oldest left at home. Mark had some work to do with the Jackson crew the last week of July and we planned to make a trip out of it. Bailee couldn't get more time off from her summer jobs so she knew she would be staying behind. I thought about just having Mark go, but ultimately decided this is part of the phase of life we are in whether I like it or not. And to be honest, I think a small part of Bailee was looking forward to being home alone. I was a nervous wreck about leaving her home alone for four days but it all worked out just fine and I guess it is something I have to get more comfortable with. We stopped to do a little fishing on the Hoback River before getting to Jackson.
It was late and we were hungry by the time we got into town. We decided on Pinky G's. The pizza was really good but the service was pretty crappy. Wonder if Guy had the same experience.
We spent the next couple of days playing at the pool and walking to the square for lunch when we were ready. We had the place (pool) to ourselves 95% of the time. It was so relaxing ...I LOVED it!
If you are staying in the center of town everything is so walkable. I love that about Jackson. We had sandwiches at one of our favorites .... New York City Sub Shop
I don't think the girls like it as much as Mark and I do. Emmrey is pretty picky so when you ask a specialty shop to make a plain cheese .... they aren't really sure what to do with that.
We spent a fair amount of time walking around with the throng of people. We didn't even mind the rain!
When Mark finished up work for the day we had dinner at Big Hole BBQ ... really yummy!
A stop at Moo's Gourmet Ice Cream
And the landmark photo under the antler arch
Wednesday was spent doing much of the same. While Mark worked we hung out at the pool and then walked to find lunch .. sounds rough I know;) The girls wanted a bagel from Pearl Street Bagels. I had read that Pearl Street Market next door had a Bahn-Mi sandwich. After the one I had in California, I have been on a quest to find something as good. This one failed miserably.
Oh well, the company was great and you can't beat the setting.
The girls were dying to have me try the virtual reality goggles at one shop.
I thought it was freaky, they couldn't get enough.
We took in the scene around Town Square while we waited for Mark to join us
We spent the late afternoon doing some fishing at Flat Creek. It has been fun to see the girls get more independent.
Kars pretty much did her own thing and actually sent this picture to us
They all had some luck catching a few Snake River Cutthroat
Thursday came and it was time to head back home to Bay. She had done just fine with her little free time while we were gone. We enjoyed one last Hotel breakfast with the new Primates Emmrey bought at Teton Toys.
We really enjoyed our stay at the 49er Inn
Most of our time in Jackson was work for Mark so on the way home he wanted to stop and do a hike.
We hit the trail for Upper Jade Lake near Togwotee Pass. The trail begins around the edge of Brooks Lake.
Luckily Mark had talked to some campers near the lake before we set off. There are several points on the trail where you could easily take a wrong turn.
| happy hikers:) |
Although I gave Mark a hard time about his misleading length and ease of the hike, the view from above was pretty magnificent.
We stumbled upon a unique find on the trail ....
Porcupine quills
We descended down to get a closer look but didn't stay long. The bugs were bad and it started to rain.
Pretty quickly it turned from a trickle to a downpour. Mark was the only one who had a rain jacket with him. I wish I could say it was like the "getting caught in the rain" scenes from the movies ... but it wasn't that glamorous;) Kars kept us all in good spirits though.
We still managed a semi silly photo to satisfy Emmrey ... soaked and all!










No comments:
Post a Comment