Sadly (for Emmrey), I am becoming less enthusiastic about some of these holidays that keep warping into more and more expectation. I am guilty of contributing to that, but I am beginning to see how hard it is to keep up with it all and so I have kinda stopped trying.
Luckily my mom still gives it her all and sent the girls a fun "green package".
![]() |
| Eating their Lucky Charms to start the day |
Emmrey woke to find a weak trail of gold through the house, a green substance in the toilet, and this attempt at a four leaf clover;)
I saw this destruction and was sure that Mark had made a last ditch effort before heading out for work. I appreciated his effort but questioned his choice (Emmrey's craft project from Gpa & Gma--really?) When I later learned he wasn't responsible, I had to wonder if the sneaky Leprechaun had visited after all.
We actually had the day off school. Weather was beautiful so when a few neighbor kids knocked asking us to join the Neighborhood St. Patty's parade .... we grabbed our green crepe paper and jumped on it!
After dinner we (attempted) made our traditional Shamrock Shakes. Halfway through, the plastic base piece split and was leaking ice cream everywhere. It was a mess! Not deterred, I used my blendy bottle and shook with all my might.
Blender or no blender ... we would have our Shamrock Shakes ... and love them!
So it was kind of a failed attempt at St.Patty's. We couldn't even get a decent pic together. This was the only one Mark was somewhat visible in. Although it is proof we all had our green on.
Good thing these guys don't hold my failures against me!


No comments:
Post a Comment