Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tree Tromp 2016

Our schedule has been nuts lately between swimming and basketball. Our options for a day to go to the mountains to get our tree seemed to be slipping away. We decided Sunday it was do or die! Because of church obligations we couldn't leave until after noon. 
We headed for the Snowy Range in hopes of finding "the one" before  nightfall.
 We narrowed it down to a few and finally decided this Douglas Fir was going home with us
 Our hunt took us further down the canyon so rather than trek back through the rough terrain with a tree in tow, we cut out to the road and hauled it back to the van.
 You didn't think we left Gorden out of this did you?
 We did a little sledding while we still had some daylight. 
I saw this tree stump that looked like it had fossils in it. 
I don't think the others found it nearly as neat as I did:)
 We ended the day with Grilled Cheese and Hot Chocolate right there in the snow covered forest. The sun was nowhere to be found all afternoon so it was COLD. We drove home in the dark with our fresh tree strapped on top and Christmas radio cranked up. I love this tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment