While we were in Utah, I hosted a Favorite Things luncheon with my mom and sisters. I selected Gardner Village because I love it there and it seemed like the perfect atmosphere for this occasion.
Since our luncheon would be after Thanksgiving it felt like a bit of a kick off to the Holiday season.
These parties have been around a while. The idea is that you choose one
of your favorite things, set a budget and number of gifts and you bring
that many of the same item.
This was our table of Favorite Things. I was so enjoying the time with my sisters and mom that we had already gone through two gift rounds when I remembered to take this. The missing items were a Maurices gift card (Leslie) and Sephora face mask (Ashlee). We also had hand warmers and gloves (Mom), Lindt Chocolate & Fresh Balsam candle (me), Diet Coke & Cafe Rio (Jami), Method dish soap (Shana), Batiste Dry Shampoo (Kris), Victorias Secret perfume & Starbucks (Lori), Gingerbread Sugar Scrub (Jenn and Olivia), and Chocolate Grapes (Jill). Shana was so thoughtful to bring Olivia the Candy Cane treat so she wouldn't feel left out with the gift exchange:)
I made up a little questionnaire to decide the order of exchange. Everyone filled it out anonymously and then one person read it and we guessed who it was. Then that person told us about what they brought drew the 5 names and read the next sheet. I think I know my sisters well, but it was so fun to hear about some of their favorites that don't necessarily come up in every conversation.
The exchange went pretty smooth with only a couple of minor hiccups like duplicate names and someone getting their own name. My little assistant (Olivia) helped my get that straightened out;)
These are the 5 things I was lucky enough to get drawn for.
I also got Chocolate Grapes but those never made it home:)
It was such a fun afternoon and really relaxing. There is something about the atmosphere at Gardner Village that just puts me in a good mood. It's like you're stepping back into a simpler time. If Kristin could have joined us from Texas we would have had all the sisters accounted for. One of my very Favorite Things is getting to spend time with these girls!


No comments:
Post a Comment