Emmrey decided quite some time ago that she wanted to be Amelia Earhart for Halloween. She did a big report on her last year and developed a bit of an obsession. Since I am one of those nutty people who like a costume theme, I decided it would be a Historical Halloween.
We all dressed as a person who made history and off we flew ... get it?
I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip pancakes for breakfast. Even in the wee hours this girl was excited.
We had pretty much been partying for days, but the school party/parade kicked off the festivities for the official holiday.
| 4th grade Goblins and Ghouls |
Kars played hookie and joined us at the parade. Bailee ditched school too but stayed home to do some catching up before heading to work
I always leave these school parties feeling sick from just looking at the treat table. Even in classes where the teacher attempts to control the menu, parents always send in junk without signing up. Do kids really need any extra junk food on Halloween .. really? Surprisingly, Emmrey's plate doesn't look too sugary but holy cow you should have seen some of them.
After school we got Kars spruced up and headed to the Downtown Trick or Treat.
Kars didn't bring her bucket for treats but she had fun walking around with us and taking in the scene
We actually ran into Bailee taking a group of kids from the Club around town. I tried to get her to stop for a picture but she was not having it. I should have snuck one from a distance, but didn't really think of it until it was too late.
We had some Pizza Palace for dinner (courtesy of my parents:) before heading out around the neighborhood
Bailee had just finished at the Boys & Girls Club and joined us for pizza. She didn't dress up OR Trick or Treat with us this year which was historical in itself :( We were happy to spend some time with our girl who has been far too busy lately!
Bailee stayed back and passed out candy while we took the other two around the hood. We have a lot of kids in the area now, although we had less Trick or Treaters than I thought we would. They started early and were pretty much done by 6:30 (maybe because it was a school night). Kars is at that age where she really wants to go but feels she shouldn't. My perspective has changed about teens Trick or Treating after an article I read last year. I say let them be kids for as long as possible!
Emmrey was glad to have her along.
Another Halloween in the (History) book.
Happy Halloween from Jane Goodall, Albert Einstein, Rosie the Riveter and Amelia Earhart

No comments:
Post a Comment