Mark and I celebrated 22 years of marriage this past week. Originally we toyed with the idea of going overnight somewhere and leaving Bay in charge. Ultimately we ended up making some day trips instead. We trust Bailee completely, but the hint of uneasiness helped us decide to put that idea on hold for now.
Our Anniversary started off with Mark surprising me by taking the day off. He was playing it all cool .. .. took the girls to the bus stop and "left for work". I decided to treat myself to an unusually relaxing morning .... take a soak in the tub and watch a cheesy Nicholas Sparks movie. Suddenly I heard footsteps ... first faintly across the kitchen floor and then up the stairs. I became a bit panicked and began eyeing the bathroom for what I could use to defend myself when the door flung open and there stands Mark with a Diet Pepsi in hand. Oh man! I am seriously trying to control my addiction, but how sweet he knows it's like my morning coffee;) We made plans to take a drive to Red Feather Lakes and have lunch together. We decided to stop in and check out the new little Bakery that is just getting started in our town.
It was a beautiful drive through the mountains and so fun to check out the Red Feather area. We spent lots of time thinking back on our 22 years and comparing what we remembered about our wedding day. Neither of us could recall too many details .... we were sooo young and must have been too anxious to really take it all in. If only I blogged then!
We drove by the Shambhala Mountain Center and decided to get out and walk around. The acres of serene mountain and forest provides a peaceful retreat.
We drove by the Shambhala Mountain Center and decided to get out and walk around. The acres of serene mountain and forest provides a peaceful retreat.
It is also home to the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya.
Standing 108 feet tall, it is one of the most significant examples of
sacred Buddhist architecture in North America. Stupas promote harmony, health, prosperity, peace and
freedom.
We even took our shoes off and went inside. I'll admit it felt a little strange to me and some of their rituals seem odd, but honestly doesn't every religion have practices that are a bit odd?
You can't argue with their message and it's fun to experience something new, especially with someone you are growing old with:)
Bailee made us Chicken Taquitos for dinner and we spent the evening with our girlies enjoying Malted Moo Shake ice cream ... so so good!








How cute he brought you a diet pepsi :) Curious what you found to defend yourself with in the bathtub..too funny!
ReplyDelete