Since our last day of school for the year was the 18th, we were able to leave town right away and spend the entire week before Christmas in Utah. We loved spending time with family and we enjoyed some great activities. The first day we arrived Bailee and I spent the afternoon at Hale Centre Theatre.
One of Bailee's gifts this year was 2 tickets to see A Christmas Carol. My parents used to take us to see this play every year. The last time I went was when Mark and I were newlyweds.
I forgot how much I loved this! So, I was pretty happy she asked me to go with her;) The actor who plays Scrooge is different now, it was the same guy every year I saw the play with my family. It was fun to hear all the familiar lines and see all the familiar scenes, but just as fun to notice the slight changes they have made to the show.
The best part was getting to share it with one of my favorite girls in the world!
That evening we headed to the Morris house to put together "Goody Bags" for the Homeless Shelter. We had a lot of helpers so we got done pretty quickly but it was fun to be together and chat.
We decided to add a little Holiday card to each bag. This was the perfect way for the little ones to get involved .... and the big kids made some pretty great cards as well.
The kits all ready to go spread some cheer!
Karsyn and Emmrey had a sleepover at Jami's that night so it was just Bailee and the old folks for the night. She LOVED every minute of it;)

We met up with the Weavers the next day at In-N-Out for the kid exchange
Wednesday we woke up to a decent amount of snow. Mark and I went out early and did some shoveling
Then we warmed up inside while we waited for Jenn to bring the kiddos over while she and Ashlee went to a class. Cooper wasn't too sure about me. Of course, he hasn't had a lot of time to get to know me;) Once I got out the MAGFORMERS, he settled right in and we talked and played.
These 2 cuties snuck off to the basement and played games together. They had so much fun!
![]() | ||
| sporting their bracelets from Grandma |
Later that afternoon Me, Mark, Bailee, Karsyn and Ashlee went to the Rescue Mission to volunteer. We loaded up our kits and were able to hand them out to those still finishing their meal.
We helped with the clean up and any other odd jobs they needed. It wasn't quite as rewarding as serving the meal but we were just happy to help.
Thursday morning we met Ashlee, Jenn and the kids at Gardner Village to do the Elf Scavenger Hunt. We have done the Witches in the fall and this one was just as fun. It was colder than the fall for sure, but so festive. I just love that place!
We found all sorts of Elves in all sorts of scenarios.
After most of our searching was done, we went in to the bakery to enjoy some Hot Chocolate (or juice for my little buddy;)
Then we headed back out and finished up, making sure to get all our papers filled out for the prize.
The treat was found in the Chocolate Covered Wagon
A piece of Old Fashioned Taffy for everyone!!
It was a fun way to spend the morning of a looong day waiting for the big guy.
| (Cooper wasn't really interested in all the photos I was taking) |
Believe it or not, we did have some down time and we spent it putting together a Christmas puzzle. I love a good puzzle and decided we should have one to work on at my
parents. I ordered a 1000 piece puzzle that we worked on for days. It was a doozy! Not just because it had so many pieces, but so many were all blue or all white. Karsyn wanted nothing to do with it, Mark could only stand it for short stints, Emmrey put in a few pieces.
Even
my mom helped out.
Many tinkered with a piece here and there, but only the real warriors stuck with it.
It was close, but I am happy to say we did complete that thing.... just in time to take it apart and put it back in the box to go home:(















No comments:
Post a Comment