So the girls did in fact start school ... nearly a month ago;)
Bailee began her Junior (WHAT??) year 3 days before her sisters .. ... she felt a little cheated but she is off to do great things this year as an Enlightened Eleventh Grader at Poudre High School:)
Karsyn will rule the school as a Enthusiastic Eight Grader at Wellington Middle School
Emmrey will cheer us all on as a Thoughtful Third Grader at Eyestone Elementary
The girls brown-bagged it the first day so we could write messages on their lunches

When I went into Emmrey's room the night before her first day, this is what I found. Let's just say someone was pretty excited to start school!
Karsyn was selected as a WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) Leader this year so she got to start school a day before Bailee for training and 6th grade Orientation. She also gets to wear this snazzy shirt for WEB Wednesdays:)) She will have all sorts of special jobs this year. Pretty proud of this girl!
We had our cookies and milk after school (twice) to talk about the 1st day (s).
We also had our traditional BTS Dinner. I try to do a theme that is somewhat relevant. Hopefully something to motivate or uplift us all for the year. I decided on Making Lemonade with Lemons:
The girls each got a goody bag with their backpack tag with the word of the year: OPTIMISM
Definitely something I need to work on too. I read them a couple of stories. The Two Travellers
and a funnier one called simply The Optimist
We had what has become our usual the last few years: Sloppy Joes, Tater Tots and Salad (because they remind me of school lunch), we added Lemonade and Kars made us Lemon Squares%
I hope these silly girls have a successful year and learn to make the most of what life throws them. I am OPTIMISTIC


Super cute idea. Love the lunch bag idea. Looks like they are off to a great start.
ReplyDelete