This 9 year old had an early start to her big day. She has to be at the bus stop by 7:05 so in order to have breakfast in bed, I had to wake her around 6. She wasn't so happy at first (she loves to sleep), but she also is able to get in a good mood relatively quick:)
We were traveling that day but the girls all went to school for the first few hours. Emmrey really didn't want to miss because she wanted to take in a treat to share. We can't do homemade stuff at her school so we decided on doughnuts and chocolate milk since it was in the morning. She got a new teacher this year (at least new to Eyestone). She is sweet as can be!
She spent most of the day like this:( Good thing she is a pretty happy little thing:)
We made several little stops and let her pick our lunch destination (Bagelmakers).
Once we got to Utah we took our little birthday girl to Leatherby's for ice cream. This was a popular venue for me as a teen, whether for a family celebration or a date. I have not been there for about 20 years and I have been telling the girls we would go there at some point. The servings there are seriously ridiculous .. .. but so delish! (And for the record, the Swiss Milk Chocolate Shake was as good as I remember:)
Happy Birthday little lady!!




Happy Birthday Emm!! Love that dress! That ice cream makes my mouth water, oh how I love Letherby's.
ReplyDelete