Kars recently added a little more culture in her life. The 7th graders at WMS had a Culture Day to learn more about Asia. I was a volunteer for the event so in between cooking up some Pot Stickers and Egg rolls, I was able to wander around and see what the kids were up to. They got to rotate through a few different "mini-classes" of their choice. Karsyn did Himalayan Expedition, Korean New Year, Asia Myths and Fairy Tales, and Zen Garden. She brought home her own miniature Zen garden and she was calmed for days. Kars had no problem with me volunteering and in fact, encouraged me to. However, she was not as thrilled about me snapping photos of her. It is a bit easier to get away with when you are acting as a volunteer so I was able to at least get one.
| Karsy and her classmate Maddy with their Bonsai tree |
Love the tree, and what a cool way to learn about another country.
ReplyDelete