Bay finished her Sophomore season of swimming last month. She loved everything about it . Well maybe not the 4 am alarm for practice twice a week, but everything else. This girl loves being part of a team, she loved her coaches this year,and she just loves swimming! I have to admit that Mark and I were not all that sad for the season to end. Driving back and forth to the pool in Fort Collins for practice 5 days a week, got old real quick. It made 3 months feel like a lifetime .. but .. .. that smile on her face makes it all worth it.
It was an unusual swim season for us. With over half her meets an hour + away, we attended fewer than we would have liked. For week day meets the swimmers were typically released early and the meets started before our other girls would have been home from school .. .. and Mark from work.
The meets in the Denver area were pretty enormous and although they move things along rather quickly (as far as swim meets go), it made for an extremely long day with travel and all the people.
This girl of ours has never been one for speed. She likes to take her time with almost everything. She has pretty much been like this from birth (literally). Bailee has beautiful technique, and has realized that she prefers distance swimming over sprinting...go figure! She swam the 500 .. .. ..yes, the dreaded 500 .. .. at nearly every meet this year. And she loved it! Whew .. .. I get exhausted just thinking about it let alone watching her. She swims it like it's nothing. Then again lets be honest, I would likely drown doing what she does.
The girls are not allowed to shave their legs all season
(drag effect) and then right before Conference they get to shave! I've never seen someone so excited about shaving .. .. personally I think it's a little overrated. Good thing she got some shaving cream in her little care package. I swear she was in the shower for an hour.
One more swim season down....two more to go? Oh how we love that she enjoys swimming, but man it can sure take over life for a while. We are all looking forward to a little change of pace:)

What a great sport to be involved in...not sure about the no shaving the whole season, yikes! Must make them swim faster in the end though. Too bad you have to travel so far for meets, I know what that is like...welcome to small town life right?
ReplyDelete