Just a glimpse of some of the personal/handmade goodness I received for Mother's Day....oh how I treasure these!! Emmrey has the kindest heart and will stop at nothing to make me feel special with her little gifts. Never mind that she makes a mess (that I end up having to fix) with my craft supplies to put it together:)
I have been hoping/waiting for one of these all year....yippee!!
Now I have a complete set
After church, Mark and the girls surprised me with a day trip to Yellowstone...maybe my favorite place on earth;) We have had a couple of occasions where our girls have shown signs of car sickness. It's funny, because with all the road tripin' we do as a family, this has only occurred in the last couple of years. Emmrey had made a few requests on the drive for us to "stop and let her get out for a break". Of course we did and after some fresh air and a little walk, color returned to her face. We finally made it into the park, and just as we got over the pass, she again asked us to stop. I turned around to see a very pale face just seconds before she began puking. Mark was frantically trying to find a safe spot to pull off, I was madly trying to find anything in the car that we could use as a bowl, and the other two were scrambling to get out of the car. Well, I regret to say that we did not make it in time...and soon the car was covered in banana smoothie from lunch (she will strongly dislike that I am sharing this) Luckily Karsyn was seated next to her, because Bailee was already in tears due to her puking phobia. She actually said she could not get back in the car afterwards....to which we said....you don't have a choice!! Poor Emmrey....she is pretty modest and felt so bad that she had made such a mess of her clothes that she had no pants to wear. It seems only fitting that on Mother's Day I cleaned up "Bomit" (as Emm calls it)
I had to get Bailee trying to get to her "happy place". Her window was completely down and she was glued as close to that door as possible.
We cleaned everything as best we could, and because Emm was totally fine
(actually downright giddy), we pressed on. Since the plan was to eat
at the grille, we figured we would just have to find some (pricey) pants
at the gift shop. Well....little did we know that although the park entrance was open, nothing else was yet. So not only did this mean no pants, but also dinner plans were looking grim. We did find a gas station and grabbed a little something to tide us over. Check out this Mother's Day dinner....
Despite it all, we still enjoyed the park. The weather was gorgeous and I got to spend the day with my favorite people. Emmrey said it was "the worst Mother's Day ever", because she had to wear Marks shirt and it made her look like a "Wackadoo". Oh well...Yellowstone was the perfect choice they made for me and it was memorable for sure...wackadoo and all!!

Ok I cannot stop laughing at this (not because of the vomiting), but because this story is just too cute. Love the Mother's day dinner. Sadi has always had car sickness, so we know all about it. We now have a puke kit in our car. They sell an over the counter homedic pill (no real drugs) take 30 minutes before works great, and won't make them drowsy! Sorry your day wasn't as planned, but at least it was memorable!
ReplyDelete