Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break comes early

We have spent this past week living it up in Jackson.  Mark had a work conference and we decided to make it a family getaway!!  My dear parents were kind enough to make arrangements with their Time Share Association so that we could use their condo rather than be couped up in a hotel room all week.  Let me tell you it made all the difference in the world!!  It was like "home away from home" with all the comforts you could ask for but none of the daily worries or obligations.  It was so nice to have a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out EVERY meal....that gets old very fast.  The time-share system is how my family went on vacations as a kid, so it always brings back many happy childhood memories. And now as a parent myself, you just can't beat the accommodations....I don't know how we will manage to stay in a hotel room again:}
It was still wintry in Jackson...but not really enough for us to do any snow activities, so we spent most of our time hanging around the condo.  It was a perfect opportunity to catch up on Emmrey's scrapbook.  She has been asking me lately why she doesn't have a book like Bailee and Karsyn...poor lil' thing.  I made some serious progress, but I have a hard time choosing what pics to scrapbook.

We played and played and played.....we played games like "Goldfish" or you may know it as "Go Fish":}

The girls brought their dolls and spent every day creating a new scenario to play....one day it was school, the next hospital, one day they took them out for a science fair presentation in the commons and another they went swimming:}  I loved it!!  These are those "mom moments" that I relish in as I watch my girls just simply being kids and hoping it lasts forever...but sadly knowing it won't:{

There was also some creativity flowing with a dress "fit for a Queen" (made with an extra bed sheet;}
Despite all the play...there was time spent working as well.  In addition to Mark working all day (and some evenings)...Bailee did a wonderful job keeping caught up on her school work
(maybe we could home school after all).
We soaked in the Hot Tub...which was very HOT.  Persons under the age of 8 were not allowed in, so Emmrey had to be content with feet only.  She was actually "fine with that" and used the bathroom "shakoozi" as her substitute:}                      




We walked around the shops downtown and Emmrey wanted a picture with every stuffed/carved/bronzed critter we came across...it was pretty cute.
I caved and took the girls to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.  I had a gut feeling as soon as I purchased the tickets that I had made the wrong choice....but it was too late.  There were a few cool things in there (the girls thought it was all cool:) like the spinning tunnel, and the Gibbet used for public executions...yikes!  But overall it was like paying for a movie where you've already seen the best parts in the preview:{  Should have known better...oh well, the girls were amazed.
      
What a relaxing week we had together.....made me want to move right in!!  But alas, we must return home to real life....such a rude awakening.  Hmmm....what will we do for our real Spring Break?
A HUGE Thank You to Mom and Dad for getting us hooked up with the condo.....we absolutely enjoyed every minute of our time there!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really fun trip. Your girls have great imaginations, I love the dress fit for a queen! So creative.

    ReplyDelete