Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Eggstravaganza

Am I the only one who feels like Easter really snuck up on them this year?  I think it was because it was so early in the month...although I do remember year(s) when it came in March...yikes!!  Ready or not....it came with all the hoopla:}  We kicked things off by coloring eggs....a favorite for sure.
We made our own dye this year and I have to say the colors were much more vibrant.  These girls don't mess around when dying eggs....Bailee is a bit more conscientious than her sisters, but Kars and Emm were done in no time at all.  Were not a huge hard boiled egg eatin' family, but we did all want to do something different with them.  Karsyn likes to peel and eat them, Bailee wanted to "devil" some, I wanted to try making egg salad, Mark was indifferent to them, and Emmrey wanted to color them and "keep" them...she certainly doesn't want to eat them in any way unless they are scrambled:}
We woke up Sunday and sure enough the Easter Bunny had come and left a few surprises in their baskets.  He/She even remembered Stewy.....bunnies gotta stick together!
The Egg Hunt would have to wait until after church.  Normally {some of us} are out of our church clothes as soon as we walk through the door, but that doesn't fly on Easter Sunday, I was happy we all endured for the sake of some pics of our Easter digs {I think Cadbury eggs make it more tolerable}.
The Easter Bunny brought a dress for each of the girls dolls as well, so they had to get a photo as well.
We ate, relaxed and then later I read our traditional Easter story with the items in plastic eggs.  My mom had given me this idea for Resurrection Rolls, so along with our story we made these rolls that represented the tomb, Jesus' body, the oils/spices.   Well things were going great....I even made sure they were all "sealed" up good.....and when the time had passed....THIS is what we saw.......Mark was giving me a hard time because the marshmallow represented Jesus.....OOPS!!
Oh well, I think they got the message and they tasted good.  Once we took them from the gooey pan, we did have a few that looked "empty" like they were supposed to, so it wasn't a total flop.   Thanks for the idea Mom!!!
Later that night before bed, we did a Flashlight Egg Hunt for the girls.  We were going to do it outside, but after a really beautiful day, the evening had cooled off and I thought that might spoil the fun of looking for the eggs in the dark.  So we opted for the basement, which gave us more places to hide and hunt.  With headlamps in place, the girls set off for the dark basement {Yes, Emmrey is shirtless!  Quite often she and Karsyn will look like this at bed time because they are hot:}
The basement was DARK {although it was difficult to capture that in the photos}.  The girls had to search for 24 shiny eggs with just their flashlight/headlamp.  It was pretty tricky{they were hidden well}, but so much fun.  Karsyn was getting frustrated because that is just how she is if anything takes too long.  But when they opened them up to find dollars inside, she perked right up.
                                                                                                                                                                       
   
We had a great day with our little family and hope that you all had a very Happy Easter with those you love!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day, love your matching outfits, and super cute hair accessories and necklaces (someone's been crafting). How sweet that bunny left your bunny something too!

    ReplyDelete