Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Farewell Lil' Hernia

Two years ago Emmrey decided to use Mark's belly as a launching pad during a friendly play session. It just so happened that her little piggy lodged right in his bellybutton and Mark instantly felt something go wrong. This little encounter resulted in an Umbilical Hernia that has not given him any real issues until recently. After it appeared to be getting worse, Mark along with his Dr. felt it would be best to get it repaired. So last Thursday we headed to the hospital for Mark's very first surgery ever. He was a little worried about the anesthesia and the pain he might experience after, but not the surgery itself. All went well and after all the time it took for pre-op procedures, he was in and back out before Emmrey and I had finished our smoothie:) He is now resting peacefully and becoming well acquainted with Netflix. Emmrey has been such a good little care taker for Daddy....I guess it's appropriate since she was the instigator of all of this:)


**On a side note....the surgeon who took care of Mark was impressive. Not only was he extremely skilled, but so genuine and kind hearted and I instantly liked him and felt at ease about the whole thing. When Mark initially met him he learned that he would be one of his last patients. At the first of the year, he will be leaving his practice to become a Monk. That's right....he is giving it all up for God and life in the Monastery. You don't meet many people like that and I think it's pretty admirable. I am sure this will be a great loss to our medical community, but I am so glad he was able to help Mark out!!

1 comment: