Sunday, September 11, 2011

Outdoor Expo & Historic Trails Center

It seems to have become tradition that the weekend of Emmrey's birthday we end up in Casper for the Outdoor Expo. The girls usually love to go and I think Emmrey has got the idea that Expo is her birthday!! This year Mark was asked to help set up the Expo which required him to go down early. I didn't want the girls and me to miss any extra days of school, so we left a day later. Karsyn decided that she was going to "work the Expo" and had secretly thrown in her G&F shirt like Dads. She spent the 2 full days working right along side Mark and wanting to be treated like a regular employee. I have to say it was so cute to see her so excited to head out in the morning. After that I don't feel like I saw her much. She didn't let me get too close for fear I would try and woo her away with me and the other girls (see how she is running from me in the picture?;)



We certainly had to make a trip to Fire Rock, one of our favorite places to eat in Casper and partake of their scrumptious Mac N Cheese.....

While Karsyn and Mark were busy slavin' away, I took Bailee and Emmrey next door to the National Historic Trails Center. The museum is amazing and covers Native Culture as well as the westward expansion. The entire thing is filled with hands on learning opportunities and we were able to ride in a covered wagon simulator, pull a handcart, take a Stage Coach, experience the workings of the Telegraph and feel the winter cold of the Martins Cove Trek.....it was so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment