Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Fun

We just had to get one more camping trip in before summer slips away. We spent a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Yellowstone. There was a crispness in the air as we worked our way around the park among the many many visitors. I just love hearing all the conversations taking place in various languages from all over the world...it makes me happy=) We camped at Canyon Village this time and had a nice little site in the upper loop. We spent the first day getting set up and giving the girls plenty of time to use their imaginations around the campground. It didn't take long before they were playing with their critters that came along and planning out their "houses". Emmrey was busy making mini pies of all different types to serve us...I enjoyed the Cherry Weed flavor personally.

We also enjoyed Banana Boats, Smores, and Dinner (with ice cream) at Mammoth (although NOT all in one sitting:)

While at Mammoth, we had to go for a swim in the Boiling River. In the morning I was thinking it might be too cool to get in the water....man was it cold waking up! By by noon it had warmed up to 80 degrees and the idea of a swim was sounding better. Either way you can't really go wrong soaking in 113 degree water. It mixes with cold water so it doesn't actually feel that HOT but boy does it feel good.

We spent the next 3 days hiking around Tower Falls, Petrified Tree, Wraith Falls and Trout Lake.

At the end of it all, we were tired and dirty....but so sad to pack up.....
I live for these moments when we can get away from it all and just be together. This is the stuff I hope our girls always remember!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment