Monday, July 18, 2011

TREASURE SEEKERS


Whew!!! I survived another year at Girls Camp. After last year's Stake Camp, I thought I had this year in the bag. However, because they did a Trek this year as a Stake, it was decided that camp would be with individual wards. This meant that camp had to be planned from the ground up...so much extra work. I decide to go with a pirate theme and do Treasure Seekers (13th AoF). We had a great time and everything worked out so well....I was actually thinking about how it would be fun to go again next year (silly me) although I am so happy to not have it occupying all my time anymore:) I had 15 girls and 2 other leaders to help. We did some fun activities/games in Treasure Hunt fashion and we also did some crafts...the girls LOVED these little beaded wire rings we made...should have brought more wire:( We swam at a resort that was near us and took an easy hike (walk) and saw some beautiful wildflowers. The cabins were very rustic, but I wouldn't really consider them "roughing it". We have a really neat group of girls that made camp a lot of fun!

It was especially neat because my little Bug got to go this year. I am glad we shared her first year at camp together.

She was the only 1st year so she was a bit of a lone wolf. One of my Jr. Leaders took her under her wing and they became fast friends.

Bailee and Mie

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, and did a wonderful job again. I am jealous of your cabins...we didn't even get tents! ewww the bugs!

    ReplyDelete