Another reason Kars was home for a couple of weeks, was so that she could get her wisdom teeth out after our Grand Canyon trip. Monday morning we headed to Cheyenne. She was feeling a little nervous
After the consult with the surgeon, Mark headed to the office to get some work done. I was pleasantly surprised that they had me stick around until she was put out. We went to the same office with Bailee and that option wasn't given. I was able to be with her while they hooked her up to the I.V. Once they started running the meds, she was told it would only be a matter of seconds before she was in dreamland. At that point, I headed to the waiting room.
Roughly an hour later, they came and got us (Mark was back). They removed all four which were impacted.
A wheelchair ride to the car.
She was pretty lethargic initially, but within minutes of being in the car she was alive with lots of questions;)
She was very inquisitive about how she got from the chair she went to sleep in, to the bed where she woke up. Since I wasn't back there when they moved her I assumed a wheelchair? She also wanted to know why they didn't give her the teeth, why her tongue was bloody and "what happened?"
We took her to Chick Fil A to get a shake. Mostly because we wanted lunch too, but also because she had insulted the office for giving her a coupon for McDonald's milkshake in her care package and wondered why they couldn't do better;) I sat in the back with her on the ride home to help with the shake. She sang "My Country Tis of Thee", told us the chair was like "electric chair", and was just overall very chatty and curious. It was a hoot!
![]() |
| looking at her tongue again |
Once we got home and got her settled in, she mellowed a little. I thought with the pain meds she would zonk out. ... in typical Karsyn style she did not. This is our kid that never slept on long road trips. I am so glad it all went smoothly and we can check this off. Happy to be able to take care of her for a few days before taking her back to Logan.









No comments:
Post a Comment