Thursday, June 17, 2021

Utah~we love thee

 Once Kars was on the mend from her wisdom teeth extraction, she really needed to get back to work in Logan so we made a road trip out of it and spent a few days in Utah.

Lunch stop in Green River
We stayed with my parents. Now that we are all vaccinated (Emm needs one more dose), 
we felt safe to do so.
On our way to Utah, Kars mentioned that she hoped we could go to Cherry Hill. It really isn't the best water park, but I love that it has become nostalgic to the girls like it is for me. 
We invited my entire family, but only Jami (+boys) and Ashlee joined us.
This was the crew!
Bode came up after work.
Ashlee had to leave for an evening commitment.
Once the water park closed, we played mini golf, rock climbed, and did the maze. Kars ran the maze with Hazen a few more times than the rest of us;)
We convinced them to try the Battleship Blasters right before they closed. I think they loved it!
The food situation got pretty sad toward the end of the night. We were limited to crappy nachos ... and don't even get me started about the cream pies at the Pie Pantry;) So on our way back to my parents, we stopped at In-N-Out ... our saving grace. 
Kars and Hazen were buddies
Saturday morning Emm and I went on a hike up Little Cottonwood canyon with Shana and Lori. 
Shana's work is doing a hiking challenge this summer, so my sisters have been doing some hikes together. I am glad we got to be a part of at least one. 
We did the Observation Point trail, which was super short so we walked around Snowbird a little bit. 
Lori had to get home, but Emm and I went to breakfast with Shana. She had wanted to try Penny Ann's Cafe. It was really yummy and so busy!
sorry about the eyes Shana;)
Kars got a haircut from Jenn
She cut about 5 inches off ... super cute!
Sunday morning we met Ashlee in Sugarhouse at Monsieur Crepes. 
It was very good. I love spending time in Sugarhouse ... the city we started our married life in.
I don't even know what to say;)
Jami coordinated a dinner Sunday night for whoever could make it. We went to Spaghetti Factory, so naturally I was in heaven. The company was fantastic too!!
Monday morning we were up early to beat the heat. The girls washed the windows. It has kinda become their thing. Of course grandpa has to supervise;)
THE SWEETEST!!
We had to say goodbye to these wonderful people and get Kars back to Logan.
The House That Built Me
Our first item of business in Logan was solving the mystery of the missing Utah driver's license. Turns out they didn't know why she hadn't got it yet (3 months ago) so they just issued a new one. 
After getting settled in at the hotel, we were planning to go drop some things off at Karsy's apartment and get her a change of clothes for work. The car had other plans. We have been really lucky with cars, but the Pathfinder would not turn over. The temperature in the car read 105*. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it was weird. I panicked, called Mark, made calls to the Nissan shop (conveniently across the street) , and had Mark's uncle Eddie come try to jump it. After all of that, it eventually started. I wanted the Nissan dealership to look at it anyway before I attempted to drive home. They couldn't look at in until the following afternoon. So we did a lot of walking. It was totally fine. Everything we needed was convenient (just very hot) to get to. We walked to Grist Mill to get some dinner.
Spent the next day lounging by the pool.
A new battery, air filter and several hundred dollars later, she was good to go. I took the girls to Angie's for dinner... a local favorite. This was a bit of a treat for Mark and I when we were struggling students. 
After our extended stay in Logan, Emm and I hit the road for home. A stop at LaBeau's was on our agenda. Unfortunately we were there before they opened, so we had to settle for a raspberry shake from Hometown. 

In spite of the car stress, I had the most amazing time in Utah. Looking for another excuse to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment