Monday, May 10, 2021

Saying goodbye to our Best Man


The world is not the same after losing this beautiful soul. 

I feel honored to have loved him and been loved by him.



 

There was no question about being there to pay tribute to him.
My dad and his siblings had planned on a fairly small service since Brent had lived away from Heber for the past 10 years.
I think we all underestimated the impact that he had on this community. The attendance was beyond what they had planned for. Literally standing room only.
I had the privilege of putting together a video of pictures .... it was a pleasure!
At the start of the funeral, it was a little rainy. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. 

Our family decided to all wear decorative rings in honor of our guy that never met a ring he didn't love.. the bigger and flashier the better.
We all placed them on his casket after the boutonnieres. 
                                   
Little man Coop adding his ring to the spray.
                    
These siblings were the program. They each gave the most beautiful tribute to their brother.
Keith, Karolyn, Colleen, Dad, Neil

They also set aside a few minutes at the end for people to share thoughts/memories of Brent.
Brent made everyone feel like his "best man or woman"... but he was ours.
He was a blessing to all of us. My family is better because we had Brent. 
I only wish Bay would have been able to join us.
Love these two so so much!
Some of my Fortie cousins at the luncheon afterward.
I am having an extra hard time with this loss. It has forced me to think about things I would rather not and to ponder mortality. 
In the words of my bro-in-laws, "Brent was a legend and legends don't die, they live on forever". 
Dance on my Best Man ... I love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment