Since Mother's Day weekend worked so well for us, we decided to try again for Father's Day. We left Friday after the girls finished their shifts at the club and drove as far as Green River. Got up early Saturday in order to be at Grandpa Smith's to help with some yard work.
Kevin & Migdalia and their girls joined along with Susan, Luckie and Tori.
He had a list of things we could help with. These girls spent the morning painting yard decorations.
Jobs like fixing bricks on the chimney were left to Mark.
There was A LOT of weeding that needed done.
Around noon Mark and I went to pick up lunch. Ralph was very assertive about wanting Arctic Circle. After lunch we chatted for a bit before calling it. These two are the best of friends.
Glad to be able to help out and wish Grandpa a Happy Father's Day!
I took the two college girls to IKEA to get some things for their dorms/apartments. The line to go in was like nothing I had experienced during the pandemic. It moved surprisingly fast and I was glad they were taking things serious.
With COVID still a factor, we decided to do the hotel thing again. Our hotel made an error with our booking and ended up having to give us two rooms instead of the one suite. Mark and I ended up in a separate room and he had the best time messing with the girls about where our room was [eventually they figured out it was right next door]. We got up early Sunday and took a walk.
He came back to this surprise from the girls.
We had plans to Heart Attack my dads front yard, so we met my family at my parents house around 11 am.
Everyone had brought hearts and signs to decorate.
We tried to cover as much as we could without it turning into a burdensome job for him to clean up later.
We were just missing Ryan. Sean and Kristy were in town so that was extra fun!
Quite the crew!
We had planned to go picnic at the same park we did for Mother's Day. After inviting my parents to come along, they decided they would be comfortable having us eat in their front yard so they could be at home. We were all fighting for the shade, so social distancing parameters became a little loose.
Dad was pretty excited about his new church history books and DVD's.
We headed for home close to 2:00. These weekend trips are fast and furious and the girls zonked out almost immediately.
We were nearly home when I realized in all the commotion, I hadn't got a picture of Mark and the girls. We pulled off an exit near Rock Creek and I am so happy it worked out this way. It made for a great photo. The girls and I are so lucky!!






















No comments:
Post a Comment