I felt a little cheated out of our time with Bailee a couple of weekends back. I decided to take advantage of the nice September weather and return to Laramie for Family Weekend. I have been wanting to take the girls to the Territorial Prison for some time. Mark was never that excited about it, so with him out of town, it was a perfect weekend to do it.
I love anything that takes you back to a different time or way of life.
The prison was built in 1872 and is one of the oldest buildings in Wyoming.
![]() |
| Emm seeing if the cell life is for her |
The stories are pretty fascinating ... and a little unsettling.
We were among a handful of people visiting that day, so we were alone most of the time
in the "Big House across the River"
I was sadly disappointed that the outside grounds were not as I remembered when we visited 16 years ago. The State Parks has taken over since then so gone was the Old Trail Town with replicated Pharmacy, Schoolhouse, and Saloon where you could get a Sarsaparilla. The fronts were there, just not operational. The old church was open for business. Cool .... but I always find it a little spooky too.
We were actually able to spend most of the day with this girl until she had to work that evening. We took her for some dinner at McAlister's before heading home.
I sure have loved getting to see her so much this month.❤️








No comments:
Post a Comment