We have another licensed driver!! Kars was super excited and impatient about getting her license. She was eligible to take her driving test on November 29th. We took the first available appointment on the 30th. The experience at the DMV wasn't unlike previous ones ... most of them are just all around unpleasant. Is this part of the qualifiers for a job there I wonder? Anyway, she didn't pass the test for what they felt was a rolling stop and being slightly over the speed limit at one point. SHE WAS DEVASTATED ... and determined to try again as soon as possible. She called around to some driving schools that you can test with and made an appointment for a Sunday afternoon at Mountain States {a very reputable driving school in our area} In hindsight we should have went there in the first place {both for her and Bay}. I don't believe they are any more lenient, but I do think they provide an environment that is less intimidating and that goes a long way. She passed with flying colors ... seriously .... the instructor complimented me on how well we had taught her...HA!
The next day we were back at the DMV to actually get her license. After an hour of waiting to give them papers, money and get her photo taken ... she was a little disappointed that she walked out of there with a paper version of the plastic that will come in the mail:) Now onto the really scary part, which is letting her drive without us. I trust her. She is a pretty conscientious driver, I just don't trust others out there:/


No comments:
Post a Comment