Thanksgiving this year was a rarity. My parents were able to swing getting the condo at Park City and it also happened to be a year we were in Utah for Thanksgiving ... the last time things lined up this way was 2012. Before we left Wednesday my two pie helpers got busy making Reese's and Apple pie.
We decided that since we would be in Park City on Thursday it made more sense to stay overnight there as opposed to driving through Wednesday and going back up the next day. It turned out to be a great decision in so many ways. We were literally stopped on the interstate for 2 hours due to a semi filled with canned food that had caught on fire. We didn't know what was going on until we got close enough to see it. We were stuck! No way to exit or go around. Just sit side by side, bumper to bumper with our fellow holiday travelers. Good thing we had a full tank. When we finally hit Park City I think we were all thrilled it was our stopping point. None of us felt like going out. We picked up pizza, swam and relaxed at the hotel until morning.
We headed to the condo early to help my parents before the rest of the family showed up. It turned from rainy to snowy within a few hours. Fortunately everyone made it safely up the canyon. Jill's family had other plans and Sean wasn't in town, but otherwise the whole gang was there.
I did a terrible job with photos ... sorry Jenn;)
We were all kinda spread out between two rooms ....
Sometimes it's hard to get a chance to chat with everyone... which is a bummer.
But I love catching up with those I can.
It's can also be difficult to get decent photos .... not everyone loves to cooperate;)

So again ... sometimes I take what I can get!
Eventually we were spread between two condos. My parents unit had some plumbing issues and so they gave us access to the one across the hall, which they would move into after our gathering.
The second unit turned into game watching territory.
Jami and I showed up in almost identical sweaters ....
And then I noticed some more twinning going on ....
I got a little busy trying to chat with my siblings and failed to get some better pictures outdoors in the snowy scene. I am SO HAPPY these two beauties took it upon themselves to sneak out and get this one💗

Meanwhile, Emm was in the pool for hours.
It was a lovely way to spend Thanksgiving. So so grateful we had this special time together.













No comments:
Post a Comment